ads

Chapter 176 Three Vampires




 When we advanced to the northeast from Elhagan, I saw goblins moving in a line towards Elhagan.




 However, I feel like it's definitely less than yesterday...If this is the case, even if we don't defeat the goblins, the adventurers of Elhagan will be able to deal with it.




 We decided to hide while advancing to northeast without defeating any goblins.




 If there are vampires ahead of me like I suspected, then if we defeat the goblins, there is a possibility that the vampires will find us when we burn them.




 As we continued to the northeast until around noon, I saw something as expected.




 About 500 meters away, a wall similar to the one I saw before was floating in the air. But it's many times bigger than I expected.




 It was bigger than the wall that Upial had built, so we could clearly see it from this far away. Since using Search might alert the enemy, so we relying on Ellie here.




"I sense three... presences... probably vampires..."




 Surprisingly... there were three vampires... When we got a little closer, we could see two vampires.




 The other is probably somewhere we can't see from here. I whisper to everyone




"There's a possibility that the vampires might transform into bats. I plan to attack when the time is right."




 Everyone agreed with my opinion and decided to stay here. It may be a naive idea, but we couldn't afford to be straightforward with vampires.




 After watching the vampires for a while, they seemed to be talking about something. As expected, Unfortunately, we couldn't hear anything from this distance...




"Tsk...I don't know what you're talking about from here."




 When I said this, Sophia heard my words.




"Upiol is slow...what is he doing..."




 She muttered incomprehensible words. When I looked at Sophia as if wondering what she was saying, she continued to speak.




"He's a free man... he'll probably come back eventually."




"No doubt. He has the temperament of the youngest child."




 ...Maybe this is a conversation between vampires?




"Sophia. Maybe this is a conversation between vampires?"




 I ask Sophia




"Yes. That's right. I can hear it at that volume."




 Incredible...I couldn't hear anything at all....everyone except Alice was surprised by Sophia's hellish ears.




“Are these conversations between different person?”




"Yeah. As Ellie said, there are three. One of them might be on the other side of the wall, Only one person's voice was hard to hear."




 If I wait until he turns into a bat, there's a chance that another one will come back...I have to make a decision...




"Sophia. Thank you. You did a great job."




 I thank Sophia, and she nods in acknowledgment. After seeing that, I told everyone



'

"I was planning to wait for them to transform into bats, but it would be quite difficult if the other one comes back. We're going to launch a surprise attack now. Be careful when using powerful magic. Especially Karen's fire magic and my lightning magic produce a lot of light and noise. There's a chance that the other one will notice and come back. It's me, Clarisse, and Ellie who will fight the vampires."




 Clarisse and Ellie nod with expressions of determination, and I continue.




"The rest of you, once we are engaged, please focus on defeating the goblins in the surrounding area. Be cautious of the vampires.


I want Misha and Baron to be wary of vampires instead of actively killing goblins. When another one comes, use Baron's earth magic and Misha's water magic to prioritize defense.


I want Karen, Dominique, Minerva, Alice, and Sophia to mainly defeat goblins."




 When I saw that the rest of them agreed with my words with the same serious expressions as Clarisse and Ellie.




“Ellie, your War Maiden Light Armor has the effect of increasing resistance to status abnormalities, but don't get complacent. Vampires may have demon eyes.


Clarisse, your Saint Robe provides immunity against status abnormalities. At first, I want you to focus on defense with barrier magic and water magic. I won't appraise it now because it might be found out and the surprise attack won't be successful, but I think Holy is probably effective against vampires.


I'll let you know the results after the appraisal, so if Holy is effective, I want you to switch to attack depending on the situation. Holy magic also emits a lot of light, so use it carefully when the time comes."




 Until the end, everyone just nodded silently to my words, but they all looked enthusiastic.




"Once I charge in, the operation will begin."




 I activated my usual set, wind-jacket sylphid and the future vision, and attacked the person closest to us.




 Suddenly, Future Vision showed me an image of three Flares attacking me one second later. Were the vampires aware of us?




 I attenuated the three Flares with Wind and slashed them with the Thunder Sword and the Salamander Sword.




"Everyone! They're onto us! Stick to the plan! Karen, you can start with your fire magic!"




 After being hit by three Flares, there was a good chance we'd notice if there was someone else nearby.




 When I give the command to everyone, they all jump out at once and each fulfill their assigned role. Clarisse and Ellie follow behind me.




“To think that you could surpass three of our Flares… Is that uniform from Lister Imperial School…?”




 The third vampire, who was behind the wall and could not be seen, slowly walked towards the two vampires and spoke to them. I appraised him while responding to his story.




"Yes. I'm from Lister Imperial School! What are you guys doing here!?"




 Then Upiil laughed




“The Holy Kingdom of Diadora was getting in the way...I was thinking of crushing it a bit and turning it into a country for us vampires, but it would be boring to just crush it, so we decided to let a bunch of goblins kill you guys first to level you up, and then we'd kill you. It's for our level up. Isn't it a great plan?"



 He was joking around, but I managed to Appraise them effectively during this conversation.






[Name] Upiil Barton

[title]-

[Status] Demon (vampire), head of the Earl Burton family

[Condition] Good

[Age] 170

[Level] 50

[HP]224/224

[MP] 520/600

[Strength] 90

[Agility] 85

[Magic power] 85

[dexterity] 40

[Durability] 85

[Luck] 1


[Special ability] Taijutsu (Lv7/D)

[Special ability] Fire magic (Lv7/D)

[Special ability] Gate magic (Lv4/E)

[Special ability] HP recovery promotion (Lv7/C)


[Details] Weak against Holy magic





 The other two had similar stats to Upial, and all three were a little weaker than Upial, who was defeated by Isaac... and none of them had demon eyes. Well, Magic Eyes are rare, and not every vampire has them, even if they are vampires.




 Also, although it has nothing to do with their stats, it was surprising that all three of them were heads of the Earl Burton family.




 Upior, who is not here, is probably the head of the Earl Barton family. I'm sure this Barton family is quite outstanding among the demons.




 I stopped talking to Upiil and spoke to Clarisse and Ellie.




"These three people don't have demon eyes! And they're a little weaker than Upial, who I defeated before! Clarisse! After all, holy magic should be their weakness!"




 My words raised Clarisse and Ellie's morale, but it seemed to have the opposite effect on the enemy.




"What! Did you guys kill Upial? Hey! Upiur, Upiel! Don't let your guard down! We'll avenge Upial!"




 Upiil boosted the morale of the two and then sent it to me.




"Don't get carried away just because you were able to defeat Upial in a 1-on-3 match! Today it's a 3-on-3 match! Besides... I'll definitely kill you guys!"




 He showed his anger by yelling. I will fight Upiil, Clarisse will fight Upiur, and Ellie will fight Upiel.




 Apparently, the vampires think that Upial lost 3 to 1, and that they will never lose in a 1 to 1 match. It was convenient for us as we were planning to fight one on one.




 Clarisse and Ellie have already started fighting. As expected, they are fighting evenly or better.




 As for me, I was still talking to Upiil, trying to extract as much information as possible from him. Upiil was not dismayed by the struggles of other vampires. He may have absolute confidence in promoting HP recovery.




“Whose orders are you doing this?”




 When I asked Upiil




"For a souvenir from the afterlife, I'll tell you .It's Camilla-sama, our vampire king. The land on the Iseria continent is becoming scarce. We're expanding into the central continent."




 This guy is more talkative than Upial, who I defeated before... Anyway, And the phrase "a souvenir from the afterlife"... It might rank high in the list of lines I want to say... But now was not the time for such thoughts.




"How many vampires are there?"




"About a hundred or so."




 I decided to continue extracting information in this manner. Just as I was thinking that, a tremendous roar rang out from the battlefield where Clarisse and Upiur were fighting, and Upiur was seriously damaged.




 What had caused such a commotion? Ellie was still not letting Upiel get near her either. I noticed that the two vampires were at a disadvantage, beyond what I had expected, and that's when Upiil suddenly attacked me. We were on our guard, but he managed to catch us off guard for a moment.




 Upiil fires two flares and used them as cover to attack directly. He's doing the same thing as Upial...




 I had used Godspeed Kamui to make an emergency evasion, but all of my stats are now higher than Upiil. I dashed head-on towards the flares.




 When I used Wind Impulse to deflect the two flares, Upiil's surprised face appeared.




 Without hesitation, I slashed at him with my thunder sword, and Upiil used his left hand to block my thunder sword, but the moment he did so, an electric shock was transmitted from the thunder sword to Upiil's body. However, the electric shock transmitted from the Thunder Sword was not as powerful as Lightning or Raijin, it was categorized as Minor Electric Shock.




 Upiil is surprised and tries to distance himself from me, but I wasn't going to let him off that easily. I quickly closed the gap and this time used Salamander Sword, slashing off Upiar's right arm.




 Upiil desperately tries to keep his distance, but I have a higher agility value than him, and with wind-jacket sylphid it's impossible to escape from me.




“Y-you! Who are you! Why are you taking hostile actions against us!?”




 Upiil screamed at me while regenerating his slashed right arm.




"I'll tell you this a souvenir from the afterlife. My name is Marth Bryant! I'm the one who prays for peace in the Holy Kingdom of Diadora!"




 In the heat of the moment, I beheaded Upiil and burned his corpse on the spot. After defeating Upiil, my level went up, but now is not the time to check that.




 I headed to Clarisse and Ellie to support in their battle





TN : Yes I can continue translating novel, sorry for the long absent I got some really rough time. 

        This vampire name give me a headache, if you found something wrong just let me know




If you like my work please support me Ko-fi



Prev    Toc    Next

Comments

  1. In the 12th paragraph from the bottom up you wrote upial and I think that may have been a typo.

    Anyways, thank you very much for this glorious chapter.

    If you'd like a proof reader I'd also like to make myself available for this series at least.

    I hope you solve these issues that seem to be making your life difficult.
    We're rooting for you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 12 Paragraph from the bottom?
      can you pick the line that you think wrong and paste here?

      thank you so much

      Delete
    2. expected, and that's when Upiar suddenly

      -the empress

      Delete

Post a Comment

ads